It's the end of the week! YAY for that ♥ ♥ ♥
Since the work week is almost over for most, and the summer weather is starting to come to a close, we thought that it would be a great idea to post about ways to decompress and relax without breaking the bank or loosing your mind while planning your much needed R & R. Now for some people, relaxing means totally checking out. No technology, no interruptions, and no concerns (that sounds awesome right about now!). While others consider relaxing to be just simple time away from work; spending quality hours doing the things you love or being with loved ones. Neither version of relaxation is wrong. It really comes down to the person and what they're into. So let's try and find what you may be into with a few suggestions on ways to relax, and get you on the road to feeling reinvigorated and inspired.
- Reading- Now this is something that won't break the bank and can literally take you on a journey without leaving your couch. It's relaxing and allows for total engagement and escapism. Are you into adventure? Mystery? Thriller? Romance? Biographies? Great! Pick up a book, find a quite place where you won't be disturbed, and READ GIRL! We want to see that heart of yours pounding from time to time while your reading too... we know there are some really juicy reads out there ;-)
2. Getting Pampered- Getting a mani or a pedi or both can be just what the doctor ordered. It can be truly relaxing to have a hand and foot massage. If you've got a really great person going to work on those little piggies of yours, they'll incorporate reflexology into that pedicure and change your life that day! And try not to go asleep on that manicure. With all the different styles of manicures these days (diamond soak, chocolate manicure, dry manicure, etc.) you may need to be rolled out of the joint after getting your hands and feet pampered, lol!
3. GO SOMEWHERE!!!- Sometimes it's just a matter of packing an overnight bag, and staying overnight at that local B & B you've been eyeing, or making it a girls night and staying somewhere other than your own place. Staying in new surroundings even for just one night can have renewing benefits. We can't suggest this tip without mentioning Airbnb. We can't say enough about this site and all the traveling possibilities it allows you to have. Ever thought about Paris? London? Tokyo? Check out Airbnb and go somewhere :)
4. Massage Anyone?- Some people feel that a life without massage, isn't a life worth living. Not sure if B.U.L. would stand behind that statement, but a good massage can do wonders for the body, mind, and spirit. Whether its full body, shoulder, back, Swedish, or anything in-between, get your massage on.
5. Blowing off Steam- This one is great for releasing endorphins, relaxing, and getting a good workout in. Head to your nearest gym and exercise. Break a REAL sweat ladies. Don't worry about your outfit, your hair, etc. Just get in a gym and starting moving. That release will do wonders and you won't regret the time spent. Got a boxing gym near you? Go in for an introductory class and see the relaxation come over you after going a couple rounds on the good 'ol punching bag. Know how to swim? If there's a pool near you, why not go for a swim to decompress. Not only is swimming an amazing full body workout, but it's also low impact with high rewards. Not to mention the water propelling you, and making you feel weight-less is pretty cool. Make sure there's a lifeguard on duty, wherever you choose to swim, and be careful of swimmers ear ;)
6. Meditate- Ok this one can be a little challenging at first. We've added this one to our morning routine here in the office and boy does it truly help get the motivation juices going. Meditating doesn't have to be long sits on a yoga mat with chanting music playing in the background. It's really just quiet time for you to focus your mind and your thoughts. You're getting a break from the world around you, and taking some real ME time. Enjoy!!!
So there you have it. Some tips from #teambuilduplife on how to relax yourself at the end of the week. You've got all the time in the world to get things done, but sometimes you need to take a moment and re-group. It's good for you, we promise.
We hope everyone incorporates some of these tips into their weekly routine. Comment below any additional relaxation tips you may also do, and how they've helped you reach your goals like a boss.